- The Memphis Grizzlies managed just 87 points even though they went to double overtime against Miami. It was the fewest points scored in a double-OT game since Dallas scored 85 in a 1998 game vs. Indiana.
- The high-scoring Phoenix Suns scored just 88 points in their win over Atlanta, but they still won the game. Since Steve Nash re-joined the team in 2004, it was only the third time that Phoenix won a game despite reaching 90 points.
- In that same game, Phoenix made only 2 three-pointers which is the fewest they've made in a game since not making any on March 27, 2004 which was the last season before the Nash-era began.
- Though Orlando lost to Dallas, Dwight Howard had a Superman effort with 29 points, 16 rebounds, and 5 blocked shots. Since the start of the 2007 season, Howard now has 6 games where he's posted a 25-15-5 statline. The rest of the NBA has combined for just 6 such games over that same period.
- Since his 55 point game in November, the season has just gone downhill for Brandon Jennings. Jennings went 1-13 from the field against Detroit but still managed to finish with 10 points. Jennings month-by-month FG% from October to February looks like this 52%-42%-38%-32%-31%.
- Darren Collison recorded a triple double with 18 points, 13 rebounds, and 12 assists (and also 8 turnovers). The UCLA rookie is the 5th youngest player since 2000 to have a 12-12-12 statline in a game. The others from youngest to oldest were LeBron, CP3, Jay Williams, and Gilbert Arenas.
- It was a very inauspicious debut for Antawn Jamison with the Cavs as he went 0-12 and finished with 2 points. Since 2000, only 7 other players went 0-12 (or worse) from the field in a game including Vince Carter, Zach Randolph, and Gilbert Arenas.
- Since coming into the NBA in 1967, no team has blocked more shots than the San Antonio Spurs. But they failed to block any shots in their loss to the 76ers on Friday. It was only the 11th time in the last 20 years (start of David Robinson-era) that San Antonio did not block a shot in a game.
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Interesting NFL Stats (24) Interesting NBA Stats (9) Reggie Bush (5) Age Study (4) Corey Maggette (4) NFL Busts (4) QB Rating (4) Donovan McNabb (3) Hasheem Thabeet (3) JaMarcus Russell (3) Kobe Bryant (3) LeBron James (3) NFL Catch Percentage (3) Peyton Manning (3) Wide Receivers (3) Danny Granger (2) Detroit Pistons (2) Dwight Howard (2) Fantasy Baseball (2) Indianapolis Colts (2) Joe Johnson (2) Kevin Durant (2) Marcus Camby (2) Michael Jordan (2) Mike Williams Bust (2) Monta Ellis (2) NFL Salaries (2) New Orleans Saints (2) Philip Rivers (2) Ted Ginn (2) Washington Wizards (2) Fantasy Football (1) Interesting MLB Stats (1)