- Jason Kidd turned back the clock with his performance against the Hawks. Kidd had 19 points, 16 rebounds, and 17 assists to score his 103rd career triple double. This was Kidd's second career game with at least 16-16-16 and he, Magic Johnson, and Larry Bird are the only players to have a 16-16-16 statline in the last 29 years.
- Kidd also had two steals in that game to give him 2309 for his career. That number puts him ahead of Scottie Pippen for fifth on the career list. He's now just one steal away from tying Maurice Cheeks for 4th all time.
- Josh Smith also put up a great statline in that game as he had 18 points, 11 rebounds, 8 assists, and 7 steals. He's only the second player in the last 20 years to reach those numbers in a single game. It was last done by Kevin Garnett in a 1999 game against the Hawks.
- The Wizards blocked 13 shots in their loss to the Knicks which more than doubles their season average of 5 blocks per game. It's the first time that the Washington Wizards blocked that many shots in a game but the Washington Bullets last did so in a 1996 game against the Seattle Supersonics. I'm sure all the 2 year olds reading this blog are wondering who the Bullets and Supersonics are.
- Russell Westbrook had 18 points, 15 assists, and 8 rebounds as the Thunder beat the Timberwolves to end their two game skid. Westbrook, who just turned 21 in November, is the fourth youngest player since 1986 to have at least 15 points and 15 assists in a game. The only players who were younger are LeBron James, Chris Paul, and Stephon Marbury.
- You've got to give props to the Rockets for putting an emphasis on making free throws. Both Luis Scola and Kevin Martin went to the line 14 times in their win over the Spurs, and both players made all 14 of their foul shots. It's the first time (at least since 1986) that two players had a perfect FT% in a game in which they each had at least 14 attempts.
- Congratulations to Joe Johnson for getting his much-coveted 4th block of the season in the Hawks loss to Dallas. The 6'8" uber-athletic Johnson now only needs one more block to match the season total of 5'9" Nate Robinson.
Saturday, February 27, 2010
Interesting NFL Stats (24) Interesting NBA Stats (9) Reggie Bush (5) Age Study (4) Corey Maggette (4) NFL Busts (4) QB Rating (4) Donovan McNabb (3) Hasheem Thabeet (3) JaMarcus Russell (3) Kobe Bryant (3) LeBron James (3) NFL Catch Percentage (3) Peyton Manning (3) Wide Receivers (3) Danny Granger (2) Detroit Pistons (2) Dwight Howard (2) Fantasy Baseball (2) Indianapolis Colts (2) Joe Johnson (2) Kevin Durant (2) Marcus Camby (2) Michael Jordan (2) Mike Williams Bust (2) Monta Ellis (2) NFL Salaries (2) New Orleans Saints (2) Philip Rivers (2) Ted Ginn (2) Washington Wizards (2) Fantasy Football (1) Interesting MLB Stats (1)