- Marcus Camby had 6 points and 20 rebounds in the Clippers' loss to the Hawks. It was the 11th time since 2005 that Camby had at least 20 boards but fewer than 10 points in a game. No other player has done it more than once during that timeframe.
- The Bulls lead the NBA with 6.4 blocks per game (entering Wed.) but they failed to block a single shot against 76ers. It was the first time since November 24, 2006 that the Bulls did not block a shot in a game and on that day the Bulls also happened to be playing Philadelphia.
- The Wizards attempted just 7 free throws in their loss to the Knicks who attempted only 8 of their own. In other words, those two teams combined to shoot as many free throws in their game as LaMarcus Aldridge (11-15 FT) did by himself against the Jazz.
- Since 2003 only 2 players have had at least 30 points, 13 assists, 5 rebounds, and 2 blocks in a game: Dwyane Wade and LeBron James. Wade did it again on Wednesday night to give him 4 career games with those numbers which nudges him just past LeBron who has 3 such games.
- If I told you a Warrior had 46 points on just 23 FGAs, then you'd probably think it was Corey Maggette. I know I would but it wasn't Maggette who did that vs. the Mavs, but rather his teammate Monta Ellis. Ellis was 17-23 from the field (4-6 on 3PAs) and 8-13 from the free throw line in what was his career high scoring game.
- Utah shot 62.5% from the field and 90.6% from the line in their win over Portland. It's only the 7th time since 2000 that a team shot at least 60% on field goals and 90% on free throws in a game. Not surprisingly, those teams are 7-0 in those games.
- Kobe Bryant scored just 5 points in 37 minutes in the Lakers' win over the Bobcats. It was the fewest points he's scored in a game since January 13, 2005 (when he played just 6 minutes). But in games in which he's played at least 30 minutes (now 821 after Wednesday), Bryant's 5 points is a new career-low.
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Interesting NFL Stats (24) Interesting NBA Stats (9) Reggie Bush (5) Age Study (4) Corey Maggette (4) NFL Busts (4) QB Rating (4) Donovan McNabb (3) Hasheem Thabeet (3) JaMarcus Russell (3) Kobe Bryant (3) LeBron James (3) NFL Catch Percentage (3) Peyton Manning (3) Wide Receivers (3) Danny Granger (2) Detroit Pistons (2) Dwight Howard (2) Fantasy Baseball (2) Indianapolis Colts (2) Joe Johnson (2) Kevin Durant (2) Marcus Camby (2) Michael Jordan (2) Mike Williams Bust (2) Monta Ellis (2) NFL Salaries (2) New Orleans Saints (2) Philip Rivers (2) Ted Ginn (2) Washington Wizards (2) Fantasy Football (1) Interesting MLB Stats (1)