- What do Matt Schaub and JaMarcus Russell have in common? Not much besides being QBs but they were also the only starting quarterbacks that did not commit a penalty all year. Now whether Russell can be considered a starting QB (or a legit NFL player in general), that's debatable. Schaub was penalty-free in 1066 snaps and Russell was the same in 560 snaps.
- Despite being 3rd in the NFL in passer rating, Aaron Rodgers had more dropped passes (45) by his receivers than any other QB had. But JaMarcus Russell had the highest percentage of his pass attempts dropped (10.5%) than any other player. Not surprisingly, Darrius Heyward-Bey led the NFL in lowest catch % as he caught only 23.7% of passes thrown to him.
- Robert Meachem, Greg Camarillo, and Jason Avant, and Reggie Bush were the only players to catch at least 40 passes without having a single drop.
- If you only counted rushing yards after contact then Chris Johnson would still be a 1,000 yard rusher. CJ had 1071 yards after contact to lead the NFL but Jamaal Charles' 3.6 yards after contact per rushing attempt was the highest average.
- Who was the worst at gaining yards after contact? BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Mewelde Moore, Lousaka Polite, and Brandon Jackson were the only players who had at least 25 carries but failed to break a single tackle.
- How does Josh Cribbs score so often on punt returns? He takes the most chances as indicated by his league-low 3 fair catches (on 40 punts in play). By comparison Antwaan Randle El had 36 punts in play and returned only 17 while fair catching 19 times.
- Donovan McNabb had 18 passes batted at the line of scrimmage which was the most in the NFL. Who had the fewest? Surprisingly it was Philip Rivers who only had 2 passes batted at the LOS despite his funky, three-quarters delivery.
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Interesting NFL Stats (24) Interesting NBA Stats (9) Reggie Bush (5) Age Study (4) Corey Maggette (4) NFL Busts (4) QB Rating (4) Donovan McNabb (3) Hasheem Thabeet (3) JaMarcus Russell (3) Kobe Bryant (3) LeBron James (3) NFL Catch Percentage (3) Peyton Manning (3) Wide Receivers (3) Danny Granger (2) Detroit Pistons (2) Dwight Howard (2) Fantasy Baseball (2) Indianapolis Colts (2) Joe Johnson (2) Kevin Durant (2) Marcus Camby (2) Michael Jordan (2) Mike Williams Bust (2) Monta Ellis (2) NFL Salaries (2) New Orleans Saints (2) Philip Rivers (2) Ted Ginn (2) Washington Wizards (2) Fantasy Football (1) Interesting MLB Stats (1)