- LeBron James filled up the box score Friday night by compiling 22 points, 13 assists, 9 rebounds, 4 blocks, and 2 steals. LBJ became since Chris Mullin in 1995 to have at least 20 points, 13 assists, and 4 blocks in a game.
- Danny Granger went 6-23 from the field vs. the Cavs to give him a dubious distinction. He is the first player this season to shoot under 27% in a game in which a player took at least 23 field goal attempts.
- As a team, the Pacers made just 5 free throws vs. Cleveland. It was just the 7th time since 1986 that Indiana has made 5 or fewer free throws in a game.
- Paul Pierce was efficient from both the field (11-15) and from the line (12-13) in the Celtics' loss to Atlanta. Pierce joined Dwyane Wade and Manu Ginobili as the only players to score at least 35 points in a game with 15 or fewer field goal attempts.
- Mike Bibby scored just 2 points in 9 minutes of action vs. Boston. It's the fourth time in the last 8 games that Bibby has scored 2 or fewer points in a game. That is something that he only did 4 times all of last season and he did not do it a single time from 2002-2006.
- The Pistons scored just 65 points in their home loss to Miami. It was the second time this season that Detroit scored 65 or fewer in a home game. Prior to this season, they had done that just once in the previous 22 seasons and they actually won that game (64-62 vs. Utah on March 13, 2005).
- Marcus Camby filled the box score vs. Minnesota with 10 points, 19 rebounds, 5 assists, and 4 steals. The 19-5-4 reb-ast-stl stat line is pretty rare as Camby is just the fifth player since 2000 to accomplish that in a single game. The others were LeBron, KG, Elton Brand, and Antoine Walker.
- Congrats to Serge Ibaka of the Thunder for getting his much-coveted 4th assist of the season. Ibaka has played 621 minutes this season and now has 4 assists which puts him miles ahead of Hasheem Thabeet who has played 446 minutes and has 3 assists. However, both of those players pale in comparison to Jeff Pendergraph of the Trail Blazers who has now played in 280 minutes WITHOUT A SINGLE ASSIST!!!
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Interesting NFL Stats (24) Interesting NBA Stats (9) Reggie Bush (5) Age Study (4) Corey Maggette (4) NFL Busts (4) QB Rating (4) Donovan McNabb (3) Hasheem Thabeet (3) JaMarcus Russell (3) Kobe Bryant (3) LeBron James (3) NFL Catch Percentage (3) Peyton Manning (3) Wide Receivers (3) Danny Granger (2) Detroit Pistons (2) Dwight Howard (2) Fantasy Baseball (2) Indianapolis Colts (2) Joe Johnson (2) Kevin Durant (2) Marcus Camby (2) Michael Jordan (2) Mike Williams Bust (2) Monta Ellis (2) NFL Salaries (2) New Orleans Saints (2) Philip Rivers (2) Ted Ginn (2) Washington Wizards (2) Fantasy Football (1) Interesting MLB Stats (1)